South Western Region Gender Network
If you have any questions, please get in contact with us.
South Western Region Gender Network (SWRGN) is a regional gender focused network that was formed in December 2010 and officially registered in February 2011. The organization was established by 10 Non Government Organizations (NGOs) operating in the south western region of Zimbabwe specifically in Bulawayo, Matabeleland South, Matabeleland North, Midlands and Masvingo Provinces with interest and passion of advancing gender equality, women and girls empowerment issues. It was established to fulfil a gap and a need of South Western region NGOs advancing gender issues of not having a local, representative and functional gender, women and girls focused network that identifies and responds to member organizations’ needs and constraints. The membership of the network consists of registered not for profit organizations, operating in the South Western region of Zimbabwe.
SWRGN strives for a just society where empowered gender focused civil society organisations ensure there is gender equality and equity, and women and girls, men and boys enjoy their freedom and human rights.
SWRGN is a regional gender focused network that identifies and responds to member organisations’ needs and constraints and promotes gender equality of women and men, girls and boys in all development areas. This will be achieved through research, documentation and information dissemination, awareness and consciousness raising, capacity strengthening, human rights promotion, advocacy and lobbying, resource mobilisation and networking.
Objectives of SWRGN
- To research widely on gender, women, girls, men and boys’ issues and inform programming and development.
- To strengthen institutional development and change management of network members to promote gender equality and empowerment in their development endeavours.
- To strengthen organization, collective voice and action in gender and empowerment issues at micro, meta and macro levels.
- To improve networking at all levels and mobilization of all forms of resources to advance gender equality and women empowerment.
- To strengthen coordinated monitoring and evaluation of gender equality promotion interventions.
SWRGN focuses on gender equality promotion and women empowerment in all development areas including but not limited to:
- Social ( Education, Health, HIV/AIDS)
- Technological and
Organisational Culture, Values & Principles
SWRGN and its members will strive to reflect and practise these values and principles as an integral part of their organisational culture, practice and programming
- Gender sensitivity
- Community based
- Accountability and Transparency
- Team work
- Respect for diversity and rights